We appreciate your help in making HortiPlex as complete as possible!
The following is an explanation of the procedures used in adding plant entries to the HortiPlex database.
Format of Submissions
- Please verify the plant is not in the HortiPlex database.
- Plants are listed in Hortiplex by botantical name. We must know the botanical name of the plant in order to add it.
- If there is also one or more common name for this plant, please provide those as well.
- If you have multiple plants to submit, please submit them in one list.
- You can paste the list into your email message, or, in a data file attatchment in simple text format (.txt), as used by Window's NotePad utility. If you created your data file in MS Word or another word processor, save it in ASCII text format.
- Each plant entry should be listed on a separate line.
- Each plant entry item must include a botanical name, it may also include one or more common names. The names should be separated by a semi-colon (;).
Example of a Plant List:
Rhododendron maximum; great laurel; rosebay rhododendron
Rhododendron calendulaceum; flame azalea
Hemerocallis 'Campfire Embers'
Please Note: Plant names should conform to accepted botanical nomenclature (as above) and should contain no additional spaces or characters.
Email your submissions or questions to us using our form.